Senior or Principal Embedded Software Engineer – Inverter Software Integration
Competitive salary package, negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Birmingham B37 7YG, UK
About the Role
The Platform software team is looking for a specialist in model-based fix-point coding and software integration. The role will contribute to:
• Establish a new software design toolchain optimizing the size and load of the designed software. components for inverter application.
• Lead the software integration and build duties.
The aim of Changan UK is deigning software engineering processes and methodologies and trialing it on pilot project. In a second phase these designed and trialed processes shall be shared and implemented within the software development teams in China.
• Degree in computing engineering or equivalent.
• Expertise in fix-point auto-coding methodology.
• Experience in Automotive embedded software, minimum of 8 years.
• Matlab-Simulink embedded coder and C/C++.
• Autosar standard implementation expertise.
• Vector DaVinci, Greenhill compiler experience.
• Previous experience in inverter software design and integration.
• Knowledge of powertrain and eMotor control software development.
• Experience in signal HiL rig validation would be a plus.
• Experience in Visu-IT software development tools would be a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Specify and implement the model-based fix-point auto-coding process.
-Define the implementation rules.
-Design the auto-coding model template.
• Design the reusable fix-point Simulink modelling library.
-Design and validate by unit testing the re-usable model-based design library compatible with fix-point coding.
-Maintain and update the model-based design library for the wider software department.
• Lead the model software component coding activities for the platform software pilot project.
• Lead the implementation of the software data declaration system tool selected for the software integration tasks.
-Implement and configure the software data declaration system tool.
-Integrate and configure the MCU linked software compiler.
-Implement the links and inter-action of the data declaration system tool with the data dictionary manager.
• Lead the platform software(s) releases for the pilot projects.
-Specify the integration between application and basic software for the pilot project.
-Deliver the built platform software for the projects.
-Support the software integration activities in liaison with basic software development team.
• Support the eMotor control design team validation activities on signal HiL rig and eMotor test rig.
• Support and train/mentor colleagues in China.
Primary location will be at Birmingham Business Park
Travel may be required but depends on project requirement
Must be eligible to work in the UK